Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"I may be delayed"

Siouxie resembles Suzy Parker more than Jayne Mansfield. That's a feature, not a bug, IMHO.



I mad a hard time choosing something for 1991. Here's the page from the website I usually use to aid my memory for these postings. That was the year that Pearl Jam released Ten, U2 released Achtung Baby, the P-Furs released World Outside, R.E.M. released Out of Time, etc.

But I had to pick this one as my fave track from '91. Combining the Indian folk instrumentation which was hip in the UK at the time with sampling from arguably the first gansta rap evah, PSK What Does It Mean? from 1985, created the kind of buzz around a pop song I usually can't stand; it's the kind of song that knows it's cool. But slickness aside, the fact is that it's a great tune with incredible melodies and deserves the recognition it still gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment