Monday, April 7, 2014

Open Whining Thread

It's occurred to me that I don't provide enough opportunity for those who envy the victim status gays, liberals and others of similar moral stature get to claim for themselves on an almost daily basis to have their own voices as the unfair victims of meanies heard. Well, this thread is your chance to whine to your heart's content. I'll even start it off myself with a long-overdue wail about my Existential BooBoo, "Owwwww". Now that's the sound of existential victimhood, people. Repite: "Owwwww".

Extra points will be given if you're well over 30 but can still hit that unmistakeable note of petulant snark only a 13-year-old girl can pull off, and extra extra points if you can keep beating your audience over the head with some sort of utterly banal and pointless slogan like "The Law of Toads: You Don't Think You Have Warts - Until I Do!" to the point that it resembles a ruined mackerel disintegrating over everyone and everything. In fact, if I think I can make any internet cred or cheddar off your meme, I might split it with you.

Okay, whiners, diverticulitis has been done, but everything else is wide open.

Oonnhhhhh.

7 comments:

  1. Why play, you go on and on with your Dreher obsession and remove my comments. Just what you accuse Dreher of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Steve, I don't have the ability to remove comments here. You'll need to take that up with Pauli.

      Delete
    2. And your opinion about removing my comment is?

      Delete
    3. And your opinion about removing my comment is?

      Steve, you would be referring to the comment where, instead of identifying yourself as SiliconValleySteve you decided to post anonymously so that your comment wouldn't be associated with SiliconValleySteve, which comment I then replied to, before both comments ended up being deleted?

      Why, I feel exactly the same about your comment being deleted as I do about my reply comment being deleted.

      Delete
  2. This is really painful to say, but I am a constant victim of the unspoken prejudice against those of Finnish extraction. Worse yet, I'm only half-Finnish (and half-Norwegian), so I don't fit in either world. Yeah, maybe I can pass for Danish or German some places, but I still see the looks that people give me, especially since my appearance leans strongly to my Finnish side.

    Sure, they're happy to have a few of us on the plantation for our physical prowess, but I feel the silent racism as much as I would if it were more overt. I know the real reason that my line at the grocery store is the always the slowest, and why there's no close-by parking spot when I try to park somewhere, and why they always seat me by the kitchen in restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I deleted two comments yesterday, both of which used gratuitous lactation analogies. I just thought, "Alright, enough already." One of them was posted by Keith, I had no idea whose comment the other one was.

    I turned the anonymous commenting feature off as well. I had turned it on several years ago at the request of a friend but it seems that recently it has been causing more trouble than it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is much prejudice against those with my condition, which is so rare there is not even a name for it. Think of me as an incredibly intelligent retarded person, or a super-genius who is severely mentally challenged.

    Shunned by both the very smart and very dumb, I am sentenced to live out my life with boring average people with whom I can at least blend in with somewhat.

    ReplyDelete