Sunday, March 23, 2014

Keith's Dead Pool

So, as you may or may not remember, Crank took a pretty good chunk out of my good typing hand seeing as how he might have been a little envious that I live a richer life than he does plus I was trying to get to the book I got at a garage sale so that we could continue our together reading together in order to build interest in my book proposal for my proposed book on certain multi-level marketing opportunities in newly emerging nations. Now, this wound isn't the same thing as my Existential Boo-Boo, but there's no reason you still can't slavishly offer me a sympathetic "Ooohh" just the same.

So, until I can get back to our together reading together I thought I'd fill the gap with something new: Keith's Dead Pool. Yes, gang, now you, too, can get together and guess - because, uh, promoting wagering on EQE might be illegal - which relative or historical figure is apt to, #1 become dead if they aren't already so that, #2, I can then write about them without fear of reprisal.

Okay, gang, got those guessing caps on? Good! Now, go, guess, go!

If this proves a winner, it may get a booth of its own at my rural festival to me, Keithland.

6 comments:

  1. Don't forget reason #3 for the pool: Dreher doesn't like to wait for a corpse to reach room temperature before slamming the dead posthumously, cf: his treatment of Father Neuhaus. So a little pre-mortem prep is advantageous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [NFK - Time is love (bottom), Kathleen. Those tender, profound words resonate within me tonight, when I look over on the other side of my couch and see my sweet baby Crank, and think about how much it meant to him that I said no to myself and my desire to spend the afternoon following March Madness, and instead gave him an hour and a half of my afternoon today thumping him on the ear every time he closed his eyes in order to provide him with a loving lesson in who's the boss. That and the time I give you now to drink in the fullness of my preciousness while explaining to me exactly who Father Neuhaus is - KH]

      Delete
  2. It seems to me that having successfully exploited his sister's death, the Working Boy could simply move down the line in the cemetery and pick the next relative there. Perhaps a cousin, or a grandparent will be the next target for his self-aggrandizing drivel. Why should he wait for the next death when he has so many relatives who have conveniently shuffled off this mortal coil?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pauli. I wasn't under the impression that Dreher's thumping of the safely dead was anything other than a congenital defect of course. Which means, for his sake, there better not be such a thing as ghosts.

    Keith

    ReplyDelete